Young Orthopaedic Investigator's Award Submission
Applicants are invited to submit abstracts for consideration for the Young Orthopaedic Investigator’s Award at the 36th Annual Scientific Meeting in October 2013.
Criteria for the Award
- Applies only to local Orthopaedic Surgeons below the age of 40 as on 1 January 2013.
- MUST be an Associate Member of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association.
- The Presenter has to be the Principal Investigator.
- Only original unpublished work (either done overseas or locally) will be considered.
- Clinical and/or scientific papers are preferred especially those which contribute to new knowledge.
The application is to include a declaration of the amount of work done at the time of submission by the Presenter. This will be made known to the YOIA Panel of Judges.
Submission must be made in an abstract which should not be more than 250 words. Please follow the instructions in the Abstract Submission Guidelines.
Deadline for submission - 24 August 2013.
All Presenters must register and pay their registration fees upon acceptance of their paper.
Guidelines and Instructions
- Abstract must be submitted in English, font size 12pt, times New Roman.
- The abstract text is limited to 250 words and is to be structured to the following headings:
- Materials and Method
- The section headings should be bold.
- Presenting author's contact details including email address and contact number.
- The identifying information includes:
- The titles in BOLD UPPER CASE
- Author and co-authors' details, including affiliation details, department, institution/hospital, city, country
- Please DO NOT included tables, graphs and images in the abstracts.
- A 50-word curriculum vitae is required from each Presenter, to enable the Session Chairman to introduce you should your abstract be accepted.
- The Scientific Committee will review the abstracts. Following this, notification of acceptance will be sent to the Presenter. Instructions for presentation and scheduling will be sent together with the acceptance notification.
An honorarium of S$1,000.00 and a Certificate.
YOIA Submission Form must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline on 24 August 2013.